Thread: 30 days
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JustTony

30 days

Well I managed it.

I gave up on the 3rd December so today is my 30th day sober. I really needed SR during this time to keep me busy, posting, communicating and reading. Thank you.

It's a clear memory that on Day 5 I worked out that January 1st 2018 would be Day 30 if I made it. I remember telling my wife that as we went on a walk. If I'm honest I'm not sure I believed that I would make it to this landmark - I have never achieved 30 days of sobriety in well over 20 years. But here I am and I did it.

It feels great to have all those sober days tucked into my back pocket as the New Year has started. In the December Class thread I was always encouraging everyone to imagine how good any number of sober days would feel (1 through to 31 completed) come this morning and the advent of a new calendar year.

Anyhow. I'm rambling a bit now. I have other milestones in my head I now need to achieve. Day 40 is the first one and is really important to me - I see a group of people for the first time in two months on that day - the last time they saw me I was a shaking, overweight, grey faced, wreck. Without immodesty, my physical and mental state has been through a hell of a transformation in 30 days already - so I'm looking forward to seeing them all (whatever works to motivate right?)

Regards,

JT