View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Gilmer

Wow! I’m late to the thread! I’ve been running around like a chicken with it’s h cut off for the past two days!

I have spent the last five NYEs here on SR, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen this thread! Right now it’s just under 6 hours from midnight on December 31.

Guests yesterday and today. Best guests we’ve had in years yesterday! We expected them to stay 2 hours, for a cordial dinner, and it turned into 4 hours of a tremendously great time! And just as they were leaving, the other guests came in!

We had a big breakfast, then snacks for the rest of the day, then we hope to have smoked brisket and a gigantic rack of ribs in a couple of hours, and finally some homemade chicken tamales plus hot BBQ sauce appetizer meatballs after midnight.

I’m pumping myself full of coffee so I can stay up!

The guest and the rest of my family are all pounding down beers and hard cider—I’m like a robot picking up empties and dropping them in the trash!

My son-in-law (the craft beer connoisseur) brought not one bottles of cheap champagne.

I’ve got a bottle of sparkling cider left over from Thanksgiving, which I will share with my pregnant guest.

I look forward to popping in and out of SR all evening.

Happy New Year to my beloved friends in more eastern parts of the world!