Old 12-31-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
entropy1964

I hear ya screamin sista. And the debate about sugar and recovery goes on....and on .....and on....

I think what works for one, may not work for another. I have been to told eat sugar when I get cravings....for me that is no bueno. For me, sugar is a substance. Yeah I don't crash my car, black out from eating too much ( I don't think.....) but there are plenty of negative physical and emotional consequences. I mean, just the language we use around sugar...sugar high, sugar rush, sugar crash, sugar craving. Substance anyone? So for me, its an addiction transfer. And while its not my DOC, I really, really like the stuff. I have literally the best cookies in my house right now (baked by ME) and I can't find it in me to toss them. I don't want to talk about it! So tomorrow, they are GONE. With all their deliciousness....in the TRASH you be-astards.

Haha. So yeah, I has a problem And for me its just like alcohol. I have to eliminate it. I can still have fruit (no juice) but no other forms of sugar. I get triggered and have trouble stopping. Why doesn't that happen with, say, baby spinach?