Old 12-31-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Staying sober today. That's a great goal, right? I can do anything for 24 hours. The date is just another day on the calendar, it's the celebration aspect that seems to trip people up.

I'm Celebrating my fourth New Year's sober this week. I haven't fixed everything. I still need to get a job, and that will be my #1 priority going into the year. Turns out money doesn't grow on trees. So that little ditty is true.

What I have done is proven to myself that I can handle anything that comes up without drinking. It used to be that drinking served some purpose but in the end it robbed me of too much and it didn't even work for quieting me anymore, it was just plain misery. Listen to sao and quit while you can if you are younger. Whatever alcohol is doing, it will soon become a nightmare. Get out and stay out. If it's a problem now it's just going to get far worse. Trust me, I tried this twice. Slow learner, but I did get it.

I hope H&S is reading along. We care about you, you can do this. C'mon back!

It's 6:45 AM here, many hours to go until 2018. Feels 2018ish now. I don't have any big plans - if it's fairly dry I'll get out to the beach. I have a fridge full of food so I'll come up with something yummy. I bought some Gouda cheese and it has been finding its way into everything. I have 501 things in my Netflix queue so there's that!

It's been a good thread this weekend. Ya'll come back now, ya hear? (That's an old commercial.)