View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eisley1988

New to this site

Hey. My name is Elizabeth and I'm gonna be 30 in a few months.

I didn't know where else to go so I came here

I started drinking at 18 when my brother passed away in Iraq. I've had several moments of soberity, but never a long time being totally sober.

At the age of 19 (in 2007), just a few months after I started drinking I had my first OD where I had to be incubated. I remember waking up taking the breathing tube down my throat. It was scary as hell, but that didn't stop me.

Two years later in 2009 I ODed on Adderall and I've had various mental health issues because of it.

I didn't know where to go.

I have been drinking a bit lately and I'm scared I may be falling back into bad habits, but I'm good at rationalizing

I keep saying "Well I drink this type of beer" or "I only drink at night," etc.

I know it's not as bad as it's been, but I'm scared I could fall into old patterns again and I just needed support.

luckily my two ODs in 2007 and 2009 where the only ones I had.. at least ones that I got hospitalized for. I'm lucky to be alive.

I'm a college student (after not going for nearly 7 years), just started working after 8 years, and have an amazing fiance.

I feel like maybe I'm making a big deal out of things, but I've been to OP at least three times and rehab once with 2 ODs requiring hospitalization.. that can't be good.

If any of you have kind words or advice that'd be nice.

Thanks!