Thread: starting over
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
patch11

A lot has been happening and I don't know what to do. I put my house on the market, sold and gave away most of my possessions and prepared to move in with my parents who are elderly and inform and need more care.

Once I moved in, I discovered my mother has been witholding medical care from my father becuase she is embarassed to discuss his failing mental state with anyone. They refuse to do anything that might make things easier like apply for government assistance that is easily available to them in terms of getting safety rails installed in their home, assistance with gardening, repairs etc. My father won't even wear his hearing aid. My father has been violent and aggressive towards me and keeps asking me when I am leaving. The last straw was an axe left at the door of the room in which I was sleeping. I packed up and went back to my house, which I have to be out of in about three weeks.

I don't even WANT to stop drinking right now. I have explored options and gotten advice and it looks like my only option is to report my mother as adult protective services for neglect of my father as his carer. I am about to be houseless, I'm unemployed and in poor health myself. What a mess. I am still packing up my things. I rented a storage unit and can live in my camper van if I need to. I wish I was drunk.