View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
DuhDave

I joined the forum in 2011 or early 2012 Wildflower.I'am not a daily poster but take it in spells. I have relapsed numerous times and quit counting at 50... yet I learned something from each and every relapse these past 7 years.

I havnt posted in a long while but felt compelled to do so in this thread because I have a few words I would like to share with you.

Have I contemplated suicide?...yes but the finality of it scared me. There are no "Do overs". Have I gotten sober yet? No. Have I given up the hope and dream of getting sober? Absolutly not.

You see a few visits to my Doctor and a therapist revealed quite a few issues that explained why I was feeling the way I was. Yes, I too was quite a "mess". I stuck it out with them because I wanted to feel better more than anything in the world! Over this past year things are looking much better and I know without a doubt I will beat my alcohol abuse problem too! I have so much Love and support from members of the SR Family and so do you!

Yes I'am still drinking but the next quit maybe the one that "Clicks and Sticks" and launches me into a life of recovery where my life will get much better still. It wont be perfect but it will be getting better and better!

I'am scared if you leave us Wildflower you wont be back. I fear you will be so fearful about what you think others will be thinking about you, that you wont return. It's the finality thing again. What we will REALLY be thinking and feeling will be the elation of having you back once again! So you see Wildflower, there is really no sense in leaving to start with.

Beverly Sills once said "If you try and fail, you will be dissapointed. If you dont try, you will be doomed". I want to help you get sober Wildflower because I need you to help me too!...and to do that we both need to be here for one another.

Please re-consider leaving. It will solve nothing.

DD