View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Dee, You have been nothing but kind and welcoming..Thank you. I only think of leaving because I'm not on the same page. I'm not SOBER!! I'm still in the darkness, and I don't want to bring anyone down. And when I am sober, I'm not in the "clique". I never feel "good enough"here...doesn't that mean it's time to do something different?
With kindness and love..WF
The whole idea of SR is to help people who aren't sober get sober

I never feel "good enough"here...doesn't that mean it's time to do something different?
Well, I never felt good enough anywhere - which is one of the reasons I drank.
Is it possible you're really frustrated, even embarrassed, with yourself?

The solution to that is to not walk away from the only support you have...the solution is to continue trying to get sober

Ultimately it's up to you. I couldn't stop someone else from leaving recently and I'm realistic enough to know I won;t be able to stop you either.

If walking away from SR gets you sober then great - but that that hasn't been the case when you've left other times, has it?

I really genuinely don't think SR is the problem here. I really hope you reconsider.

whats your recovery action plan right now? what are you doing to stay sober?

I'm not asking this to put you on the spot or embarrass you - I'm asking so that the great resource of SR can help at least have the best plan possible if you do decide to elave

D