View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Berryhbean,

I'm telling you the truth, I don't feel right here. Not welcome, not right. Everyone is getting sober. And, I'm screwing up...how do I compare? Shabby at best....UGH
Well, maybe you just found this forum at that stage. I went through that stage (for several decades haha) - i just happened to find this place when I'd been a month sober (and I thank God for that or I might not still be so). Wish I'd have found it when I was still in the trying to stop stage though as it might have meant I floundered and dragged the pain out less.

From what I can see, nobody thinks you're not welcome - aoart from you. And I'm still reckoning that's your addictive voice whispering negativities in your ear so that you're more likely to drink again. All this sobriety makes an AV nervous you know, so it's trying to divide and conquer. You don't have to let it.

Sure, things probably DO need to change. But like someone else suggested, it's likely to be more useful to add things IN rather than take things away from your recovery. If you take this place away what does your recovery plan and support look like?

X