View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hi Sr,
I honestly think I should leave this site. I love it, don't get me wrong. But, I don't feel that I am welcome any longer. I have been here too long, I have relapsed too many times, I have worn out my welcome.
I wish things were different, I want to be part of your SR "clique". But I'm not. I thank you so much for your help in the past, but I don't think that I fit in with your way of thinking. I will never be part of the "clique", and that's ok.

Thanks,
WF
Of course, you can leave whenever you want, but I don't see how that will help you any. You say you love SR but feel it's time to go. IMHO, if SR is helping you, what difference does it make what others' think?
One nice thing about SR is that there is no one way of thinking. If you agree with something someone said, great, if you disagree, that's great also. SR provides a wide variety of ways to get and stay sober. As far as relapses go; many people here have relapsed many times, me included. The most important thing is to keep coming back and keep trying. To leave cause of what other think about your sobriety is giving a lot of power to other people. Your sobriety has nothing to do with anybody but you. You control your own destiny. Good luck. John