View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DarklingSong

Originally Posted by KG77 View Post
I can't wait for 2017 to FO too. Like you I have had many go rounds with telling myself "now that you've held off for a while (13 days 🙄 like that's a life time right? Yeah it feels like it sometimes 😅 ) and now that you feel better Im sure its ok to have 1 or 2. You've totally got this". And I may have kept it under control one or two or 5 times... but I know, for me, it always ends up the same at some point. I WILL drink too much for too long and wake up one morning... maybe the next morning, or maybe in 3 days...hating myself. I know this because i didn't do it once or twice or 10 times. I did it over and OVER and OVER, you know, just to make sure. I am not telling you what will work for you, by any means. I just know what doesnt work for me. I still wish i was a normal gal who could have 1 or 2 and be good. But I'm not. I never will be. In any case we are all here for you and support you, no matter what you decide to try. Believe me, i tried EVERYTHING until i finally figured out I just can't drink PERIOD. And you know what? There's still a part of me that says well THAT sucks!! A whiney little voice nagging me to "have just one! ONE last hurrah!!! It's almost NYE FFS!! you can start over again on 1 Jan! "
But I know I never want to be where I was a couple weeks ago. And if I let myself drink it's not a matter of IF but WHEN will I be right back there.
I know its hard. I know it sucks. And only you know what your recovery should look like. Just know I am rooting for you to win!
Thank you for your brilliant post....God, I seriously relate.....sometimes the whole thing just sucks and I feel like having a complete hissy fit. This being an adult lark is nothing like its cracked up to be...