Old 12-28-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
entropy1964

I'm glad you stopped drinking and are not remaining at your drinking buddies place. Frankly, THAT would probably worry your parents a lot. They may know more than you think.

I am a firm believe in the 'one step at a time' philosophy. You haven't been sober more than a few hours. Pause when agitated. Get your head clear. As Berry said, the opportunity to speak with your folks doesn't have an expiration date.

I am sensing, from all your threads, a need to verbally/emotionally throw up (couldn't think of a better term) everything that is coming up for you right now. I get that....needing to 'fix', get 'honest', bring the world into your world constantly. Right now, believe me, you aren't thinking clearly. Get sober. I mentioned a women's meeting in another thread. Go. Talk with other women that have probably been through everything you are experiencing and then some.

Tell your folks that you are an addict and have stopped drinking. Tell them you need support and therapy. Speak with your therapist about all this first.

Hang in there. Don't drink. Things will get better but it takes TIME my dear