View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Hey JJ. Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Not sure I'd want to be having that conversation today. Scotland's a long drive, and it'd be horrible staying at someone else's house feeling like there is tension between you. And even if kids don't understand all the words that are said, they quickly pick up on the mood, tone of voice etc, and stuck in the car it's not like they'd have the option of disappearing off to play somewhere else.

Could you maybe just discuss expectations and boundaries for the next few days and then move on to more cheerful matters? After all.. Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." ( Antoine de Saint-Exupery ) and sometimes when we're not naturally facing the same away this does involve compromise and willingness - especially difficult on the back of a row.

I'd also urge you to pray on this before your trip and ask God to be with you both and guide you. You're married after all. And if you were one of the many people who married in church, you have pretty much invited God to be in your marriage. He can be like a super-strong invisible thread that ties you together in heart and mind, if you keep inviting him. You might think im nuts for even suggesting but what do you have to lose by trying?

BB

PS just in case your like to try a prayer but aren't sure how to start at the moment...

Dear Lord,
I offer you this prayer, to help me with the current situation in our marriage . Please take away all the pain and hurt in my heart, and fill it with love, joy, patience, and understanding.
Bless me and my partner, so that we don't surrender to the challenges that have come our way.
Please fill our hearts with love for each other, and help each one of us to realize each other's worth. Please touch the heart of my partner and fill it with love for me.
Make our complicated relationship become uncomplicated, andd send us your mercy and blessing so that we can spend the rest of our lives with each other in partnership.
Please make this feeling mutual for both of us. Lead us not into temptations. Guide us wherever we go. Always put us in each other's heart and mind.
Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer. Amen.