View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Well it sure has been a quieter Christmas, but in a totally good way. My whole vibe is different as a non-drinker, I'm a quieter person and I find crowds and a lot of noise stressful, never used to bother me but it does now. What doesn't bother me anymore is being a non-drinker in a room of drinkers. That used to make me self conscious and I would be hyper aware of what others were drinking, I barely notice it these days and I'm totally comfortable with my non-drinker status. No one asks about it and I don't give them any reason to. That's a lie that my AV used to use..... that it would be socially weird and awkward for me to not drink alcohol, instead of it really being the reverse, my drinking was making social situations weird and awkward, I've said and done some pretty stupid things. It was also really great to wake up Christmas morning with my self respect still intact and feeling energetic and excited.

Hope you all had a nice Christmas too.

And if you aren't, then just hold on cuz they are almost over and then everything can go back to normal!