View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Itsbeentoolong

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
I don't know. When I was in my first 6 months of sobriety I had moments where I could have waves of hopelessness over pretty much nothing. I was just raw emotionally I think. Just because it felt like a big deal and that my world was coming to an end at that time, it didn't mean it actually was all hopeless. Things did get better. I got better at dealing with life on life's terms (in particular other people not sharing my set of priorities).

And after all, not of us stay they same as we were when we met and got married. We change. And although I thought me and my partner were changing in ways that meant we were heading in different directions, actually things have resolved themselves and we are now a partnership again.

Are you getting support from anywhere for your recovery at the moment? If not if might be worth getting a recovery support network in place. Other mums and wives who've been through what you aregoing through and can offer you some of their hope when yours dwindles on the tough days.

Christmas is fraught with emotion and expectation. Mines been great but its still exausted me. Now ive had a good weep while watching 'Call the Midwife' I'm now emotionally spent and am heading for an early night with my new book. Am expecting a bit of an emotional hangover tomorrow as well (and yes, that is a thing). Ibuprofen and sparkling water at the ready.

Take care Chicka. Things are never so bad as they feel when we're tired and emotional. Things will get better, one way or another, as long as you stay sober.

Hugs and every blessing to you.

BB
Wow! 90 days IS an inspiration! I’d suggest focusing on those little ones...not drinking today does matter and make a difference.
Itsbeen