View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
tiredwoman

Originally Posted by dcg View Post
January cleanse ain't gonna work. You seem like you're in your early 20's. You'll just get pounded on because drunks/partiers like similar company and you can't expect that age group to be fine with a no (chef is probably 30's pushing 40, but he's mentally still in his 20's so same diff).

Drinking for free while working is a workplace "perk" for me and when I had 5 months, I had to say no all the time. Thing is, we're all twice your age, so when the odd $200 bottle of scotch or wine is given to us and I even pushed that away, they're like "U wot...? Cool, more for us" with no further inquiry.

The antibiotic Flagyl will cause a serious interaction with alcohol. In fact, you need to wait 72 hours after your last dose before you drink otherwise you'll be spending hours vomiting and will make a hangover look like a picnic. That all can be verified with a smartphone and Google, so if you're going to lie, go with one that is bulletproof and one you can't back down from (if you don't trust yourself 100% that you won't cave into peer pressure).

Certain conditions require Flagyl for months (some with Crohn's are on it for years), so you can use it for a while, but I'm just a straight-forward person. I never snuck booze or hid my drinking, so if I'm not drinking I'm not going to hide that either. Doesn't mean I go into a detailed answer, just "No, thanks; I'm good."
Oh you are certainly right about my co-workers not being able to accept a simple no. Partiers do love company, for sure. I've been on the other end of that leash - if I'm drinking with a friend and he/she wants to go home early, I'll literally plead for them to stay with me.