Thread: commentments
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I think you know that's complete BS John. Go back and read some of your old binge posts over the holidays if you need to remember how much "Fun" you had.

When you aren't drinking you are a very thoughtful and insightful person, and you have helped many here on SR during your sober time. In a sense you already were doing service work via SR, so the step to helping others locally really isn't that big...but it can't happen until you stop drinking.

As long as you keep making excuses as to why you can't stop, you won't. You know that because you've been there before and you've seen ( and helped ) others do exactly the same thing. So why not just cut through the AV/BS and make today the day you get back on track?
Pretty rough post Scott but mostly true. But I don't think you understand when I said THERE IS NO PLACE TO VOLUNTEER HERE. Looked all over this place during Thanksgiving. None around here. That's not an excuse, that's the truth. I guess I could put an ad in the local paper offering to help others, but that seems kinda lame.
But you are right about making excuses to drink but boredom can drive a person nuts. Ask anybody here about boredom and you will get a similar answer. I'm not sure if that's an excuse or the reality of my and others' lives. But I don't think there is a good excuse to drink.
Frankly Scott, it's amazing I've done as well as I have. I could easily sit home and drink myself silly and nobody would know. That is my reality. Can you relate to that? Either way, tomorrow will be a sober day. Don't want to deal with the terrible hallucinations I've had in the past and I know that is just around the corner. If it wasn't for that and the shakes, I'd drink every day and just stay mellow but I know that isn't possible. John