View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by tiredwoman View Post
Another great post. My long-term plan is to get another job. But then again, I'll be done with school next year in June. Probably won't stay in the city I live in so part of me is just thinking about slogging through the 6 months and then leave. But then again, the temptations - I know they will be there. I'm at my aunt's place tonight and the house down the road is having a barbecue. There is booze there. Been invited but I have opted against it. But the temptation is still there, just like it will be at work.
Alcohol isn't going anywhere. You'll have this come up every day until you learn to deal with it.

If you have made a decision not to drink again, and have gotten past the first few hard days, then it's just a matter of reaffirming your decision each time it comes up. And it will come up. Be ready and have an answer or an escape plan.

I don't avoid places where alcohol is being served. People offer me drinks pretty frequently. It's not an option, so I drink something else.

I would go to the BBQ, eat and do a little holiday socializing and then leave. That's just me, some people would opt to stay away.