View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tiredwoman

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I can't believe I disagree with Ariesagain. First time for everything I guess.

I don't lie about stuff like antibiotics. I just simply tell people, "I'm not drinking any more," or, "I'm taking a break," if they knew me as a drinker. "Taking a break," is not a lie, and I can continue to say that until 2097. Antibiotics only get you off for a week, then what? I don't agree that lying needs to be part of it, there are plenty of ways to say, "No thanks."

For the record, "No, thanks," is all you need to say. You can say it in three languages if you want.

Then - I quit drinking the first time in my early thirties. I worked at a busy chain restaurant for many years and it is known as a party bar atmosphere. The restaurant industry certainly has its share of partiers and, "after hours," is definitely a thing.

That said, I worked there for eleven years and didn't drink. It isn't a rule that you have to drink. I stayed after at the bar sometimes, not often. I ate there frequently, people tried to give me or buy me drinks and I didn't drink. It's not a job requirement.
Another great post. My long-term plan is to get another job. But then again, I'll be done with school next year in June. Probably won't stay in the city I live in so part of me is just thinking about slogging through the 6 months and then leave. But then again, the temptations - I know they will be there. I'm at my aunt's place tonight and the house down the road is having a barbecue. There is booze there. Been invited but I have opted against it. But the temptation is still there, just like it will be at work.