Old 12-23-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
readyt0change

The thought probably came as early as 21 but this summer I was drinking the most I've ever had, going to the bar 3 times a week on average.

Slowed down at the end of July but still drank and smoked thru august to october.

My last night I had a moment of clarity heading home on the streetcar. I had the spins, puked, (wasn't even that wasted but the joints got to me) and never in my life have I wanted to be sober. That moment was straw that broke the camels back it seems. Many many nights of disappointment heading back on the subway wondering why the **** am I doing this to myself? What's the point?

Woke up the morning of October 23 and I've been sober since.

Drugs and alcohol have been the main priority for the past 7 years and it's done nothing but harm to me and my family. I quit for my health and because it's limited me so much in my life. Who am I kidding? it's ruined my life until now. I was such a promising student in high school, when I didn't smoke or drink (my mom kept me on a tight leash.)

25 years old and I could barely keep a job with my habits. My dad is right when he says the substances affect me more than most. My addiction is by far my biggest weakness.

61 days this morning and I'm thankful. Have some money in the bank, will move out and leave my abusive mother and build a life for myself. I will change my life.