Old 12-21-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tiredwoman

It's Friday - going to have to summon all the strength I have

I'm at home for the holidays. On Christmas break from university. And despite my schedule having been rearranged due to not having classes, my body clock has remained the same. And on Fridays, that body clock dictates that I absolutely get wasted.

Being home, I can't drink in the manner I do on campus. My parents have no problem with my twin brother and I drinking at home (we're 21) - however, they would have a problem if they knew how much I drink when I'm away. My brother drinks in strict moderation - he'll have two glasses of wine today and can go an entire 4 months without having another drink. Really envy him.

Today is a hard day for me, not just because of the inherent connotations of a Friday night, but also because of it's my friend's birthday party today. I am gonna call her today and let her know I can't make it because there is no way I trust myself to be around such an environment. There will be lots of alcohol.

And the bad thing about staying at home is that my parents will be watching the football game tonight and my dad will probably have a couple of beers and my mum some wine. So there is also temptation at home, too.

Today is gonna take so much self-control and discipline - I'm on Day 2. I want tomorrow to be my Day 3.