Old 12-21-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sotnos

Your needs

You have you ask yourself...what did she do for you? A good friend asked me that about my ex recovering addict gf, and I struggled answering that question. I realize our relationship was almost all about her needs. Not balanced nor healthy.

Originally Posted by RenegadeYankee View Post
Thank you all for the support and advice.. it’s much appreciated..

Quick update.. it’s been a little over a week since we’ve decided to split. Already she’s seeing another guy this early in recovery after our breakup. Apparently this man is also a recovering heroin addict but one more advanced in his recovery than she is. He’s a chef and has used that to cope with it. I honestly don’t know what to say about this but I’m starting to understand whatt she was about..

Always went for guys a little older than her (she’s 22, her ex at home before me 32, I’m 28 and the guy now is 30). They have to have decent paying steady jobs. That way they can give her money if needed. Has to be a decent enough guy to listen and want to help. Can’t seem to do it on her own. Now I realize that now that she’s never coming home, I’m no longer “useful” to her.

I feel a bit cheated, but I’m not going to be bitter at her. Addiction is a disease and I understand that. This is probably a manipulative behavior of hers as an addict she needs to figure out and work on. I pity this man who is sucked into this. I fell for the same scheme back at home and now he’s fresh new prey. He will eventually realize that he’s doing all the heavy lifting in this.

From this point forward, no more contact. I’ve blocked her phone number and all her social media accounts. Blocked all friends and family members too. I just can’t do this anymore. I took a gamble on this person and I was only kidding myself. I’m done with these arguments and hurtful texts blaming me for everything whenever we get into a disagreement. Sure I’ve made mistakes, but one of them were unprovoked. And for whatever reason, her attitude has changed since recovery. It’s almost like she was “nicer” to me on drugs. Either way, I e had enough. Time to throw in the towel.