View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
noturningback2

First sober xmas, and i cannot wait!!

My first sober xmas from when I was about 15 years old (apart from 2 with pregnancy). Last year I ruined it, I was so hungover, I barely got through the days. I was almost sick all over the presents, I could barely cook the xmas dinner and didn't eat a single mouthful of it and slept all afternoon before downing 3 bottles of wine later on,after I felt better. I was supposed to go visit family boxing day but I was still too over the limit to drive, which meant I had to get collected and admit I had drank an extortionate amount the night before. Then stumbling into a room full of disgruntled family members, having panic attacks and needing air every 10 mins until I passed out with a headache and with hardly anyone speaking to me. I had spent nearly £150 on booze alone for a week, a week!!!!

Fast forward 1 year. Ive spent about £30 on every flavour of soft drink you can imagine, I had lots more money spare for a nicer tree and decorations, and food. I'm so so so excited to enjoy this year in my new brain, take in every moment of my kids enjoying their day, take photos, build toys with them, watch a xmas movie together and not be shoving painkillers in my mouth trying to delay a blinding headache that inevitably gets drank away again later.

I love my life!!