View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TheToddman

New...and not so new.

Heya folks,

Well, how do I make this concise? Not easily

I'm (quickly) approaching four months of sobriety (alcohol abuse) and through the haze and fog of 'post acute withdrawal' I happened upon this place. Great to meet you guys. My journey has had a number of dubious 'detours' that culminated in a 30-day stay at rehab which I consider the pivotal moment of liberty from imminent self-destruction. I engaged over several years in the lather-rinse-repeat insanity of 'controlled drinking' only to hit the proverbial reset button after each progressively nasty relapse. I believe I've turned 'that corner' but am taking my recovery in bite-sized chunks (insert the 'one day at a time' interjection here) and have a cautiously optimistic perspective as a result.

I credit a number of things to me getting past day 100: a daily workout regime, a (mostly passive) involvement in support groups such as A.A., my music, my spirituality and a resolve that has had enough of the isolation-to-consumption rhythm that practically destroyed everything including my life. I don't really hold any one aspect of that recovery over another; I believe balance has been key in getting me to my next 24 hours.

I look forward to chatting with you guys soon and hope to be able to contribute to what seems like a very vibrant community.

By the way, my name's Todd