View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

Originally Posted by hpdw View Post
Yes Gabe your right ,us humans are complicated but I don't think anyone here could argue that most of the time we create our own complications .Yes there are situations beyond our control that can drag us down and make things seem complicated ,depressing and confusing . Certainly in my case I have my share of issues beyond my control but also I have many things I can control and drinking is number one . I don't attend AA now but still try my best to apply some of the slogans set out in the rooms my favourite being "keep it simple" .
The serenity prayer helps me too .
There is no way I could ever drink now and then ,for me its all or nothing and I chose nothing that's the only thing that works for me and i'm very happy with that.
If your system is what works for you I cant argue , its what works for you .

I wish you well .
Thank you. I'm still figuring out my system really. I'm just doing the best I can and trying to learn. I think I've just stop overloading myself with options to make it perfect. The perfect recovery! Haha! I am starting to want good things for myself and value my health. That's a massive change for me. To deserve better. It feels good.