Thread: One Month
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RUL23

One Month

Hey everyone!

Today marks exactly one month of being sober...not a sip of alcohol.

Honestly, if you would have told me a few months ago that I would even be close to one month sober...I would have rolled my eyes or laughed in your face.

I didn't want it for myself......I tried for everyone else. What's different this time around is I wanted it for me. This first month has been easier than I expected. I know the AV will sneak up on me soon...so I work every day to be prepared for that moment.

I told myself I would commit to 100 days, minimum. Alcohol will always be there for me after 100 days...if I choose that route. I think I'll end up liking sobriety too much. So, I plan to extend my goal past 100 days. Continue to tack on a few more weeks...months...years until that moment slaps me in the face. "Wow...being sober truly is better"

I feel amazing right now. I do miss some aspects about my life with drinking, but overall, it's been great. The void left in my life after I stopped drinking is large....I haven't been able to find something yet to fully replace it. But everyday I try to make a small step in that direction.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for listening.