View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

I think I'm doing OK

I've been reading around the last few weeks but not posting anymore. Felt a bit stupid after replasing, especially when I'd been so 'sure' I wouldn't drink again! I've been mostly sober since August, with 3 nights inbetween when I've drank for a night at a time then started working on being sober again the next day. I'm OK with that really. I know its not perfect but I've learned so much about my habit of drinking and what happens to me when I'm in that place, at the crossroads, where one road leads to alcohol and the other to health.
Food is the big thing. Hunger = craving = replease for me. Everytime its been lack of food during the day.
When I read on here of everyone struggles and how we all keep trying, for ourselves and our families, I'm so moved. As humans we are complicated and fragile creatures and its hard to look at yourself in the mirror when you've fallen but then get up and try again. I admire us all for not giving up and I thank you all for everything I read here day to day. It all helps support me in my sobriety as much as it does for everyone.

I've drank 3 times in 4 months. I would have drank 64 times living as I did before. It's not perfect, it still needs work but I think I'm doing Ok. I think I am Ok!