View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pajanickah

Day Five - Blessings and Choices

Well, I've finally made it to day 5 and I feel almost 100%!

As I posted in my last post, I was going to go out and look for a job. Well, I've found not only 1, but 4. Also my last job is constantly asking me to come back, however, I told them I wanted a "little time to reflect before making that decision." So in actuality, I have 5 choices.

I'm a little unhappy because I asked my boss not to let anyone know my situation, but it seems everyone knows and that rubs me the wrong way. I don't wanna have to go through everyone asking me: "Nick are you alright?" Or a few months down the road (if I make a mistake): "Nick have you been drinking again?" Those kinds of things bother me.

Anyway, the jobs that are interested in me are jobs I've wanted for a while now, so I'll weigh out the differences and see what best fits me best.

I feel it's time for me to step out of my comfortablity and just go and go for what I really want. I feel the struggle to do something new will keep me grounded and eventually only make me stronger.

So, we'll see. I'm a little unhappy because one job wants me to take a drug test, but I smoked weed a week ago - and this is a job that will double the pay I make (or have ever made) in my entire life. He told me he had one more person to talk to and he would let me know. That was yesterday and I haven't heard back. I will call him tomorrow and see if I will be offered the position.

So all and all, I have a lot of choices at this point and I'm just trying to figure out how to juggle it all. I'm proud of myself for taking my time to pick the best choice and not just jumping into what ever is thrown at me first. That's the first time I've ever done that. Oh I forgot to add that after each interview that I am letting them know I'm interviewing at other places this week and will let them know my decision by, Friday. All were very understanding. Again proud of myself.

Hope everyone is well and thank you for listening.