View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LastingChange

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Who was I kidding that I was ok to drink again. All started with one glass of wine at lunch and finished with me in blackout.

I can’t believe I was that stupid. All my hard work ruined. Day 2 again. Yesterday was horrific, but kept reading round here.

Feel like I need to own up to myself idiocy. Everything feels all bleak again. I feel useless and hopeless.
Hi Girl, I’m also at Day 2 (again). Similarly, as always, I allowed myself to be fooled into thinking I could drink ‘in moderation’, contrary to all evidence in the past. On Friday I went to meet friends who are home for Christmas for a catch up and thought ‘I deserve one drink - 3 max - it’s Christmas, I’ll be fine’. This ended in a bender and I am so ashamed. This has happened several times over the past few months, doing well for a while and then forgetting how out of control I get and being fooled into thinking ‘this time will be different’.

It never is.

All we can do is pick ourselves up and commit to a sober life - for once and for all. You have to have a plan and stick to it and not get complacent (which I always do after a while). This time, I will be keeping a diary and continuing to post and read here, even on the good days.

Good luck girl, we’re all here to support and help one another.