View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sohard

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support! Both Stayingsassy and Corrie! You've both been so supportive since all my day 1s. I really do appreciate it. I'm so happy for making it through the week. I'm sure many people have said this before me, but for some reason this attempt (and, again, I recognize it's early) feels different. It really does. In other situations, I've been climbing the walls at day 7. I'm not now. At least for the moment, I don't want to drink nearly as much as I used to at this point (although I'm not saying it's easy by any stretch of the imagination). My energy is channeled into anger at ever being duped that alcohol was something worthy of my time. I have a niece/nephew who are growing up around lots of wine with their parents, and I'm looking forward to being a good influence on them that you don't need to have alcohol to live in this society. I know, I shouldn't get cocky like 'I got this!', but I'm feeling good, so I'm going to give myself a pat on the back. It doesn't happen often, so I better take it when it does, right? When in the throws of addiction (and I'm only a week away from drinking) there is just SO MUCH of my brain space used up thinking about when I'll drink next, how hungover I feel, if I should quit, when I should quit, why I should quit, moderation maybe, etc. While I am now using so much of my brain space to focus on quitting, it is obviously a much healthier use of my energy and I get automatic results ($$, weight loss, feeling better and like I'm moving forwards, not just surviving). And, I'm assuming, quitting will not take as much of my efforts with time. I'm need to keep reminding myself that drinking will make things much harder, not easier. Nothing is worse than starting at day 1. I feel like something has clicked in my head. The further I get away from that day 1 , the easier it will be. So, I just have to keep swimming through the storm to get to the beach. Anyway, I really do appreciate all your support!