View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
shakeel

Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post
As an adjunct to Rational Recovery, you might consider information on the SMART Recovery website. The forum there includes sections on Building and Maintaining Motivation, Coping with Urges, Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors, and Living a Balanced Life. Rational Recovery definitely helped me in terms of saying never again, making a plan, and utilizing the concept of the AV to cope with cravings and irrational thinking, but I don't care what anybody says, life is a process, not an event. Call it The Beast or call it automatic pilot, it is mindfulness of our inner dialogue that makes the difference. Call it recovery or call it sobriety or call it whatever you want, but it's not a single event (as you well know, NIC), but rather, a series of events involving commitment, skills, adjusting to living differently, and more. If recovery were an event there would be little need for any of us to keep returning to this forum. Do what works for you, keep an open mind, learn from many sources of wisdom...
I did sign up on the smart recovery site, I saw they had meetings online. and I will go back and read some of the stuff on there. If you have any ideas where I should start, let me know via IM