View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Bonecracker

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
My analogy is that if you don’t decide to put the effort in, just being present at the gym does nothing. You can’t outsource getting in shape...recovery is the same way. You still have to lift those weights and get on that treadmill, yes?

I just chose that analogy because I thought you might relate to it. Exercise is a great tool to combat addiction.

You have it dead right...”whatever support you use at the end of the day its all you.”

Wishing you success!
I don't lift weights or use a treadmill.

I fight, like Conor McGregor. Bloody whisky drinker. Except the last 4 months I've gone less and less....not at all last week. Even the dealer person noted the last time "you used to come Friday and Saturday, now you're coming more during the week. I go between the two extremes, but the darkness has been winning more lately........oh well John Jones was in great shape and got caught out with cocaine got banned and made it back.....although he got tested twice for it and then a permanent ban for a performance enhancing drug (that was a bigger disappointment as he didn't need..)

Chuck Liddel was coked out of his brain watching the ufc and then on a morning tv show.......then fired.

When I was going to the gym (two of them) five six days per week, I was either sober or limiting binges to the weekend (wanting to not have any at all, but at least they were only at the weekend....

then I got a "supplementary job" or an extra contract from my original job......money was very good so I took it.......it stopped me going to the first gym........my substance intake seemed to go up...I was unhappy....I seemed to be finishing work at night and then having to get up again in the morning.........no outlet....

...I didn't make it in yesterday and although I arranged EVERYTHING with the clients and we agreed on a rearrangement......the power hungry manager decided to make it personal saying that she found it unacceptable that I didn't have the courtesy to let her know too ....(we had a meeting later that evening, she would have been told...)

But instead of being mad......oddly enough I feel relieved! I realized it was the second job was making my life dull and tedious and I was missing the first gym. So I can go back to the two of them from January.

So what this person is saying...."you have to do something about your recovery, not just stand there at the weight rack and expect to pack on muscle".....

For me that means living my life. Obviously you have to take action to live your life. If I don't stand up and make my dinner, I won't get fed.

Recovery for me is recovering everything that has been damaged by your addiction. Health and fitness, finances, personal development, self esteem, self confidence, work performance, personal development and growth (spiritual, professional, personal), evolving.......self care....