View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
shakeel

I think even though the book says that recovery is an event not a process, I believe that reading the book making your big plan is not the end of it. (I know, you are thinking this is my beast talking). but in my case, I read the book, made the big plan, implemented the recognition of the AV in my daily life and yet got drunk. (you will say I just decided to drink) I had an obsession that would not leave me for 2 weeks than I drunk.
Reason I am saying all of this is because I think that, and I am talking about myself, I need to stay in touch with other AVRTs not in the way of the rooms in the recovery programs but maybe here, reading posts and replying and the like.
someone asked on here a while ago, that if all you need is to make a Big Plan and recognize the AV to be recovered, then why this forum and you members here.
a member responded that the recovered AVRTs are here to help the new person understand the in and outs of the AV and the beast.
Now, I wonder if this just part of the truth.
Now which part of this talk is me and which is my beast?
or is it all me because I want to recover once and for all.
I have been reluctant to write on the forum for a while(now that is my beast)
I would open the forum and close it(that's my beast)
in fact, I was telling myself, you are reading the book, starting to recognize the AV again, and ready to get back the world, why go to the forum again? BIG TIME Beast talk.
Having said all of this, I am sorry if I went on for too long, hope I made a bit of sense.