View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bonecracker

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Well, sitting around a table isn't how it works, but it is a component. You could start by doing an online search for the Big Book of NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS. Read that. Then you'll know how it works.
In fact, you reminded me that I probably had something a belonging to NA on my kindle.....opened the kindle and it was opened on Allen Carr's easy way....I'd being trying to read that again lately but cannot get into it......either finding it boring/tedious or I cannot concentrate on reading at this moment.....(at the moment=during this cycle....normally I'm an avid reader)

Anyway, I had a gander and I have "Living Clean the Journey Continues" and "It works: how and why"

Both are over 200 pages. Bit hard to read right now.....would hate to make the effort to read them just to find out how it works and then conclude that it's not for me....

Not sure why you don't want to say how it works considering that you suggested it? I mean you suggest it to me.....I tell you that I'm not sure how it works and the answer is go read a 400 page book and you'll know how it works......

By the way, is there anywhere I could post that question? I've been googling different things and looking on various websites......and when it comes to NA and AA there seems to be a lot of debates or extreme opinions. I'm not interested in a debate, simply if it is suitable for me. The AA meeting is very very close to where I would go for crack and the NA meeting is not far from it but smack bang in the centre (touristy part). These are areas that I would rather avoid on a Friday and Saturday night (only available times I can go)....but I would go if I was convinced it would be helpful to me in the short and long term.

Apparently I ordered (online) the Rational Recovery book last week....if I recall from that website there's no meetings.

The gym really is going to be my sanctuary once again.