Thread: Boredom help
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JustTony

I mainly drank at home.

I would be in my study and my wife would be in the main living area watching her tv programmes.

More often than not I would be either watching some sport on the flat screen; watching YouTube videos with my headphones on; or simply spacing out and then falling asleep as bottle of wine number 3 was being finished.

And I'll be honest - I was pretty bored the whole time and I knew it as I was going through it. In fact sometimes I think I even drank because I was bored.

Someone once said about me (in order to try and help me), "bored people are boring people" and for me that kind of resonated. What is more boring than being with someone (or being someone) that is just drinking continuously, talking gibberish, repeating themselves and generally being a nincompoop?

So even though I am only on Day 14 (albeit I have had many periods of sobriety in the past to learn from too) I'm pretty convinced that NOT drinking makes me far less boring to be around - and I'm honestly no MORE bored than before within myself. - In reality I have so many more options (every day and night) of things to do nowadays and I'm so often far LESS bored.

I think it is the AV that whispers "this is boring" as 'he' attacks to defend. He's the most boring enabler I have ever known.

Just my $0.02