View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Wholesome

For a long long time I knew I had to quit drinking and I knew the only way to quit was to quit but I had a really hard time accepting what I knew and I lived in that limbo for many years. It wasn't until I had accepted that I could never ever drink again, even if that part of me really wanted to. I to accept it was over. That, in my opinion, is the hardest part NIC. That was the process, building up to my decision to quit once and for all eternity. Quitting was an event. Boom. It's over because I say so. Enough.

AVRT treats you like the adult that you are. If you aren't ready to quit then you aren't, but when you are AVRT gives you the tools to tame the Booze Beast and learn to live comfortably despite residual desire communicated via the AV.

There's no looking for a miracle with AVRT, no one is coming to save you. You have to save yourself! And you have to embrace the new life that sobriety can offer you! Once you've made your BP and you start to recognize your Addictive Voice in its many facets you will start to see the many lies your addiction tells you. It's tough in the beginning but it gets easier and you'll reach a point where you couldn't imagine going back to living that way. I had no idea what I missing out on by living trapped in that cycle.

You got this!