View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bonecracker

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Welcome back. Not sure what you've done for your recovery. You managed 6 months, but your addiction was simmering in the background. And since relapsing, you are struggling to quit.

Have you thought about a formal program of recovery? AA or NA. Face-to-face accountability might help, as would a plan to support your decision to get clean and sober.
Yeah it was, I had the "moderate in maybe 5 years time etc" program running through my mind operating system.

I'd be willing to give them ago. I'm not exactly sure how they work though......I've gone to a NA meeting during this period and I didn't really get what it was all about. It felt strange and a little uncomfortable (I think this was more due to the seating arrangement....there was one big square table in a square room, so everybody was facing each other in a square......it made for some weird and uncomfortable eye contact. The night after the meeting I drank wine and smoked crack, so I thought that it didn't really do anything. But like I said, I don't know exactly how it works.

It's smack bang in the city centre so when I came out everybody was sitting at tables in bars and restaurants drinking wine and eating food. This NA would be the only option....only time I could go would be Friday night and Saturday night. Checked out an AA, only option is Friday night conflicting with NA Friday.