Old 12-15-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
MesaMan

I was doing a lil SR Drive-By when Gilmer's uplifting Intro caught my Eye. Along with 2 familiar topics: Music, and the Salton Sea. We went there last Year to Trailer it on down to my old Riverside County Stomping Grounds. We'll hit the Desert again next Month to soak up some warmth.

Before I even listened to the Link that pal Bim put up, I recognized Albert King's Guitar. Complete with his name inlayed into the Neck. He's a Leftie. Below, see Joe Bonamassa play that extremely valuable Guitar - a Gibson Prototype of the 'Flying V' - on a Song that Albert composed. The Guitar Knobs and Cord are up instead of down, where they *usually* are. It's been reworked for Right Hand playing.

This Guitar went MIA for Years. A Luthier working on it later said his ~7 Year old Son wandered in to ask who the big Man sitting on the Couch was? No one had been let in. Given his Son's age, and detailed, innocent description, the Luthier finally assumed that a deceased Albert was checking up on his prized Guitar from another Dimension. All details fit. Cue 'The Twilight Zone' music, eh?

At ~4 Years in, permanently-Sober Retired Life in this Dimension is good here around MesaVille @ 6,150'. Sunsets like the one below keep us entertained while just going with The Flow...
~ Born Under A Bad Sign ~ Joe Bonamassa ~