View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brettisdamaged

Brain fog has come back after 8 months

Hi everyone,

I posted on this forum a while back when I was 3 months sober and had this really debilitating brain fog that just never seemed to desist but finally after 5 months I just woke up one day and most of it was significantly gone. However this particular week it has come back to haunt me again. It's definitely not as severe as it was before, which is a good positive indicator I'd presume as it shows that there has had significant healing improvement . It seems to be coming in waves as well, some days are good other days are bad. I'm just not happy right now as I really had my hopes up that i would never have to be put through this again but I guess my brain still has some healing to go through. I must be honest though and say that I have been putting my recovery a bit on the back burner of late. Like keeping in touch with my sponsor, going to meetings and doing my step work. So i'm hoping that it may be something as simple as me not putting in the action hence why i'm feeling the brain fog, etc. Anyway its still not all doom and gloom though, whenever i feel like i'm getting myself down about it i just think back to where i was when back at 3 months clean, when i had to move into my parents place because i could no longer look after myself. At least now I am fully indepedent and am a productive member of society again. What's uplifting as well is that my sponsor always says that as long as i don't use things can only get better, no matter how far gone you are. But if i do use then the clock will be reset and the brain fog will be much, much more severe than my mind can even fathom Can't imagine anything more worse than that .So yeah i'm gratefull with where I'm at in my recovery, it literally has saved my life. Have any of you expereinced these wave like episodes of brain fog come back after a long period of abstinence? Thanks guys and just by the way this online forum with everone in it has helped me so much, it is through your experiences that you have helped so many other people like myself to encourage others that there is light at the end of the tunnel.