View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by Tangypep33 View Post
Hello,
I am new to this but I figured I would try to post a thread and see how it went. After the final straw of this weekend, I decided it was time to be sober. It's been 3 days and I'm still feeling guilty. I don't want the feelings I have to continue therefore I think being sober is the best thing for me. I want to find that happiness in life. I don't need to drink to be a fun person I feel like I do stupid things daily basis alcohol it just adds to it.

I had a bad car accident this past year drinking and driving I do not remember any of it. I rolled my car 4 times off a 6-foot embankment landed upside down in the trees. I'm very lucky to be alive. That stopped me from drinking and driving however that did not stop my binge drinking's. Or drinking on a break at work just because. There's a lot more to life and I don't need to rely on alcohol. My plan is to go to the gym or in general just start walking. I also want to attend a AA meeting. I have a fellow friend who is sober for a little over a year so she is also a good support system.

I feel like drinking has taken a toll on my relationship although not every time when I drink do I become a monster but the times when I do it's always regret the next day and apologizing. I want to find that person inside myself and become a better person in general. I'm going to end my post, thanks for reading my first thread.
Welcome. Im glad you’re here with us, glad you’re alive, glad you shared and glad you’ve decided to embrace sobriety and live a life you can love, find joy and abundance in, and be free of alcohol’s grim claws.

You can do this. You won’t be sorry.