Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DreamCatcher17

Welcome, Reggie,

Have you tried other AA meetings? Maybe an all women's group? Not all meetings are the same or have the same people, yes, they all have the 1 thing in common, to not drink.

While I had plenty of friends, as I got sober I realized they were mostly ALL drinking buddies so I let them go.

I too can feel isolated at times, my BF is a normie. He goes out about 2-3 times a week and I am left home. I work full time, I have a 2.5-year-old son and I am the only one in the house who does the cooking, cleaning, gymnastics classes, and so on, I am sure you understand.

I find it difficult to find time for myself, to work out, to read, to relax, etc....

I am working on finding the time and I have come to the conclusion I am going to have to wake up at 4:30 am to partake in me time (self-care). When I do this, I feel less stressed and am able to focus on the important things in life which come after my sobriety, my family.

If it were not for my son, I am not sure what state of mind I wold be as I would be going at this alone. Well, I have my AA meeting and SR. I suppose I would just go to more meetings.

I wish you the best of luck in this venture!

You are worth it!