Old 12-09-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

My temper is shorter and I stand up for myself a lot. It has shocked some people. I grew up in a seen and not heard household, you aren't old enough to hold opinions, which when you are then an adult, is totally overwhelming.
I found out being a mouse is a breeding ground for my insecurities. Someties I go a little too far am a bit too quick, but I am learning and I am getting better at thinking before I speak
I have always been a people pleaser, afraid to rock the boat, yesterday a customer of my client's got really abusive on the phone. I simply told him, he doesn't get to speak to me that way, I don't appreciate him swearing and he need not call back ever again. It was really empowering, I told my client, I think he was actually happy, I have always deferred upset customers to him. Now I am more confident, I have an MBA from the top business school in the country, own three companies and have been an adviser on more political campaigns than I can count. I am a great mom, occasionally good wife... Nobody gets to talk to me in any manner that I don't appreciate.
Getting to this point, it was not easy LOL It was painful and I am sure that pain manifested in ways that made me an emotional mess.