View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

I am doing this because he says he wants more than what he has now. He is not happy where he is. Because, he doesn't know how to stop. He is not allowed to stop by the support system around him. The give him implicit consent to drink and then tell him he is just a F*** up. Literally. It is a battle for what he wants. It is a battle for what he doesn't want.

he's how old???? by now it should be VERY clear, that regardless of what he SAYS, this is the life he has built and the life he seems quite unwilling to change.

i can say i want to be an astronaut or a millionaire, but just saying it don't make it so. if HE really wanted to stop, he would FIND a way. how to get sober is hardly a secret. you can't watch TV without getting hit with treatment ads. AA has been out of the closet for a long time now. The ER, detox, residential treatment are ALL available to him.............saying his "enablers" won't let him is a load of doo doo.

The choice is his a Life, or what he has. that just smacks of condescension....he HAS a life, and he is living it right now and was doing so for DECADES without you. YOU want him to have the life that YOU think he should have. you aren't leaving him to it, you have an agenda.