View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Wholesome

I've been thinking about something that Algo wrote about how the AV reorders priorities in our thinking and how very true that is. It's taken time for me to really understand just how deeply my mind had been altered by my addiction and how screwed up my priorities were, the further I go on this journey into sobriety the more I notice the little nuances. Feeding my addiction always came first, which seems obvious but I really didn't see at the time how that changed all of my decisions about everything, it's taken all these months of sobriety for the full impact of that to hit home for me. It boogles my mind how utterly enslaved I was and how unaware I was of how altered my entire way of thinking had become. I feel like I recently turned a corner after that short funk I went into and I came out the other side feeling like it's time to start looking outward and rebuilding my life as a certified non drinker, no longer newly sober, so I'm looking out on the world with fresh eyes without that monkey I'd been carrying on my back since I was a teenager and my mind is clear and focused and my priorities are totally different. Honestly, it's fantastic! It feels really good to have my mind back, I didn't know I was missing it until I had it back, and I'm sure it's only going to keep getting better.