Thread: Any SAHM?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Welcome back darlad, glad you are giving this another try. I am not a stay at home mom, but I did the majority of my drinking at home.

The thing about alcoholism is that it manifests itself everywhere/all the time. Have you ever heard the saying "Wherever you go, There you are."? Sometimes it seems like if we had a different job, or moved to a different city, or had different living situation that getting sober would be a lot easier. Unfortunately, that's not the case - there are just as many alcoholics who work outside the home as there are those who stay at home.

What you CAN do is tailor a plan that works for your situation. There are a lot of things you could do from home that would help you stay sober - joining a class thread here or doing online meeting would be a great start. Getting rid of all the alcohol at your house would help too. Making simple plan for your day that does not include drinking under any circumstances also can help. Write it down if you have to...even simple things like taking a walk or reading a book can take up the time in your day.