Thread: Not coping
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sickofthiscrap

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Hi SOTC,

So sorry to hear your mother has cancer; it is hard seeing people you love suffer. My aunt, who just turned 80, did well when she received chemo and radiation for breast cancer a few years ago. I went through radiation as a teenager (stage 2b) and my experience was that sometimes it was harder for loved ones who felt powerless.

I think it is pretty common to have multiple “failed” attempts when getting sober. I did it over and over again. Don’t beat yourself up; you have a drive to stay sober, that constant, nagging addictive voice will dissipate the more practice you have. You also seem forthright and that honesty and self-reflection will take you far.

Best wishes to you during this difficult time.
Thank you Pouncer. It is encouraging to hear about your aunt and that she did well with the treatments at her age.

RE repeat attempts and relapses, I'm not sure i have it in me to stay on the merry ground long term, so I'm really wanting to make it stick this time. I have noticed this time that I am having some physical symptoms of withdrawal (sweating, insomnia) that were not so much a thing before.