Old 12-01-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by chiquen81 View Post
Thank you for your honesty. I think it helps reading that sobriety isn't always amazing and easy. I feel like sometimes people in my program are on a constant pink cloud and it is off-putting. I am glad they were able to find happiness so quickly. I have to be happy for them and maybe look at them as hope that I can get better. I think life is just tough in general and "living life on life's terms" not MY terms is a huge challenge.
My experience is there is correlation between happiness and the hierarchy of needs being met at the base level. When food - shelter or overwhelming financial issues are the daily battle it is implausible to be smiley jack all the time. I have 3 1/2 years and life is a challenge, certainly. But not drinking has become the new normal.

There are the cheerleaders everywhere. Some are like the little boy whistling in the dark, perhaps. The friends around me who I find attractive have balance. Rarely do I read or hear top of the mountain experiences shared openly, and only in a general way the valley related. I seek the plains - the plateaus - the balance.

Keep trudging.....
Best,
Fly