Thread: Broken hearted
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Holly5690

Broken hearted

I’m not exactly sure what I’m looking for. Maybe validation that things will go “back to normal”. My boyfriend and I have been together 2 years. I met him after my divorce with my ex husband and we quickly attached to each other. He has been my rock. We have a new baby together, a wonderful home, and we’re so in love. I’ve suspected he drinks but never had the proof. We would socially drink, but sometimes he would come home from work smelling like rubbing alcohol. When I would bring it up (as I’ve been asking for the last year and a half), he would make me feel terrible and like I was crazy for asking. To make a long story short, yesterday I found 5 empty pints of vodka in his truck that he tried to hide. I confronted him. My aunt hosts AA meetings and told me to tell him to go. That night. He came home from work and I sat him down and gave him the ultimatum. I can’t raise my kids around this. I want to support him and be there, but now I feel like everything he’s told me has been a lie. He was able to look me directly in the eye and make ME feel like the crazy one. My heart is broken in so many pieces. I don’t feel the same. I feel numb. I feel like I’m getting myself back into another bad relationship. I’m on a divorce support thread, and I see so many posts daily that explain that they left their ex husbands, found an amazing man, found out he was an alcoholic or drug user and now they’re back to square one. I’m terrified. I don’t know what to do. When I look at him I feel nothing. Will this ever go away? I’m so sorry if I’ve offended anyone. I can’t stop crying and my head is pounding. I love him, but after my divorce I learned to always love myself first and I promised I’d never lead myself to a situation that could end the way it did before.