View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sweetiepie32

Hello Everyone

Thank you so much for reading my post, replying, and sending me words of support it means so much to at this time . I decided that I am going to attempt to get into a rehab program possibly outpatient and take things from there. I have thought about it in the past but was not ready to completely give up drinking and have been to embarrassed about people finding out that I need rehab and how this might reflect on me..... Ive decided that at this point that is the least of my worries...I just want to be healthy. I will also use this posting board in my recovery it seems to be an excellent resource as well. I had a quick question about rehab for anyone that has any knowledge of how it works. I had placea a call to this treatment facility in my area I had found online, they seemed well put together plus a saw a few positive comments online from patients that had been to the facility, during my initial phone call before I could get done asking questions about the establishment the receptionist was eager to get my insurance information. This was a really big turnoff for me and I told her I would bring in my insurance card when I come in for the assessment. She agreed, five min later I received a phone call back from her letting me know that I would need to bring in $250 cash for the initial assessment she had looked up my insurance in the system and it will not be able to cover the entire program.... fair enough, but the vibe I was getting from her was very uncompassionate and money oriented when she called me back that was frustrating to me so I cancelled the intake and told her I would get back to her......at any another time. I guess I'm wondering if I was overreacting or is it typical for facilities to run insurance right away and let you know they will need payment up front?.... I guess I could always try to look for another facility. But the location of this one would work well for me.

Again thanks everyone for their replies, feedback and support.