View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JScatt

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
yes, some people simply changed addictions- from alcohol to AA.
some people are living a fear based program- a feeling/thought that if they dont go to meetings they will drink again.
i did the fear based program for some time early on- following in the footsteps of a couple of people that felt they had to go to meetings to remain sober.
then old joe showed up and helped me tremendously.

heres a little something the BB has to say:

None of us makes a sole vocation of this work, nor do we think its effectiveness would be increased if we did. We feel that elimination of our drinking is but a beginning. A much more important demonstration of our principles lies before us in our respective homes, occupations and affairs. All of us spend much of our spare time in the sort of effort which we are going to describe.

although meetings are good,its the steps we take, not the meetings we make, that help us recover.
I used to have to take out of town work trips with a few co-workers, one was a fellow who was addicted to AA, if he couldn't find a meeting in the town we were working he would have a complete meltdown, I have actually seen this with a few different guys.